Actionable Insights Seeks Community Research Project Manager
Actionable Insights is looking to add a member to our Bay Area team. This is a contract position between January 2024 and September 2025. We are a women-owned consulting partnership that conducts program evaluation, community assessment, and strategic planning for non-profit organizations and government agencies. Our experience as consultants goes back over a decade, and we have served more than 50 clients in our firm’s seven-year history.
Our clients are diverse, ranging from housing agencies to juvenile justice programs, city governments to mental health providers. These clients serve their communities to improve physical health, mental health and wellness, the social determinants of health, and more.
The Community Research Project Manager will be an essential member of our team, working directly with our nonprofit clients and projects forward. We are seeking a candidate who has experience managing projects in the non-profit sector or managing human services projects in the government sector. We are looking for a team member who can:
- Manage projects. Includes client-facing work such as planning and running meetings, creating project maps (plans), organizing tasks, staying in communication with clients, and managing the project budget.
- Conduct community engagement. Includes facilitating discussions, interviews, and focus groups with members of the public in general and professionals/ experts, and designing protocols (scripts/guides). Both virtual and in-person modes.
- Preparing transcripts for analysis. Includes uploading focus group and interview audio files for transcription, reviewing the transcripts, and making edits for accuracy.
- Summarizing community research (qualitative analysis) is also desired but not required. Includes coding transcripts to identify common themes and writing summaries. We are willing to provide training.
- Prepare and make presentations. Includes presentations (usually with slide decks) to stakeholders explaining common themes of community research.
- Support company principals. As needed, support Actionable Insights principals during client meetings, including co-facilitating, scribing, and preparing meeting summaries.
- Serve clients with an equity lens. Includes experience working on behalf of organizations with diverse constituents, including low-income communities, underserved or isolated groups, or marginalized groups such as (but not limited to) people of color, LGBTQ+, or communities of individuals with disabilities.
- Employment is part-time to full-time depending on the project load.
- Work will be paid on an hourly basis.
- Actionable Insights team members work remotely except when conducting research in the Bay Area community or working at client sites. You should have the necessary environment for working from home (or another space) where you can conduct online meetings and calls with clients in a professional manner.
As a team, we stand for people achieving their full potential and being fulfilled. Our values are:
- Enthusiasm and passion
- Making a difference/having an impact
- Integrity and fair play
- Utility/action-oriented results
- Mutual respect
- Generosity of spirit
We are looking for candidates who embody our values of enthusiasm and passion to support communities through our work. Specific content expertise is not required, but individuals who have experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered strong candidates:
- Community or population health
- Mental health or wellness
- Housing and homelessness
- Education including college readiness and STEM/health fields
- Equity, justice, and human rights
Salary: $65k – $80 full time.
Please contact us at email@example.com