Actionable Insights Seeks Program Evaluation & Research Manager
Actionable Insights is looking to add a member to our Bay Area team. This is a contract position between January 2024 and September 2025. We are a women-owned consulting partnership that conducts program evaluation, community assessment, and strategic planning for non-profit organizations and government agencies. Our experience as consultants goes back over a decade, and we have served more than 50 clients in our firm’s seven-year history.
Our clients are diverse, ranging from housing agencies to juvenile justice programs, city governments to mental health providers. These clients serve their communities to improve physical health, mental health and wellness, the social determinants of health, and more.
If you are an experienced program evaluator or have experience managing projects in the non-profit sector or managing human services projects in the government sector, you may be a good fit for our team. We are looking for a team member who can:
- Manage projects. Includes client-facing work such as planning and running meetings, creating project maps (plans), organizing tasks, staying in communication with clients, and managing the project budget.
- Design evaluation projects. Includes creating logic models/theories of change in collaboration with clients, designing evaluation plans, and identifying/creating instruments for measurement.
- Conduct qualitative research. Includes experience with creating qualitative protocols and running focus groups, interviewing key stakeholders. Both virtual and in-person modes.
- Conducting quantitative research. Includes creating surveys, some knowledge of database systems and platforms for collecting data, and experience in overseeing data collection. Experience training/supporting others to collect data is a plus.
- Interpretation of data. Includes understanding basic statistical data (descriptives and differences in means), as well as writing reports with interpretations and recommendations for process and/or program improvement. Advanced statistics not required.
- Prepare and make presentations. Includes presentations (usually with slide decks) to stakeholders explaining data findings.
- Support company principals. As needed, support Actionable Insights principals during client meetings, including co-facilitating small and large meetings, scribing, and preparing meeting summaries.
- Serve clients with an equity lens. Includes experience working on behalf of organizations with diverse constituents, including low-income communities, underserved or isolated groups, or marginalized groups such as (but not limited to) people of color, LGBTQ+, or communities of individuals with disabilities.
- Employment is part-time to full-time depending on the project load.
- Initial contract term 18 months beginning January 2024.
- Employment is exempt (salary).
- Actionable Insights team members work remotely except when conducting research in the community or on-site at client locations in the Bay Area. You should have the necessary environment for working from home (or another space) where you can conduct online meetings and calls with clients in a professional manner.
As a team, we stand for people achieving their full potential and being fulfilled. Our values are:
- Enthusiasm and passion
- Making a difference/having an impact
- Integrity and fair play
- Utility/action-oriented results
- Mutual respect
- Generosity of spirit
We are looking for candidates who embody our values of enthusiasm and passion to support communities through our work. Specific content expertise is not required, but individuals who have experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered strong candidates:
- Community or population health
- Mental health or wellness
- Housing and homelessness
- Education including college readiness and STEM/health fields
- Equity, justice, and human rights
Salary: $120k to $145k FT equivalent
Contact us: email@example.com